Monday, May 24, 2010

Reading Related Injuries

Can you hurt your thumb reading? I mean, is that possible? I do seem to remember another book blogger doing a post on book elbow, which I totally understand, but how do you hurt your thumb?

For the past two days the thumb on my right hand has hurt every time I go to bend it or use it in anyway - every time! Not that it really stopped me from reading, but I'm sure my roommate got sick of hearing me complain about it! I don't do injuries well on a good day, and if the injury is one I can't even understand having,it just makes the whole thing worse.

I can't think of anything out of the ordinary that I did with my thumb, so I guess I'm going to have to attribute it to the fact that my right thumb is the one I use to stabilize a book as I'm reading it - especially if the book is hard cover.
And I must admit that this weekend I did end up spending a lot of my time curled up on the couch reading, but I still think this is ridiculous! Who actually gets hurt like this?!

Have any of you experienced a reading related injury?